Category: Upgrades, Gripper
Location: Australia Wide, VIC, NSW, SA, QLD, WA, TAS, NT, New Zealand
Price : From $18,500 *
Phone: 1300 916 431
THE ROBOTIQ ADAPTIVE GRIPPER CAN GRASP ANYTHING THAT GETS BETWEEN ITS FINGERS, WITH SIMPLICITY. IT ENABLES ROBOT MAKERS AND SYSTEM INTEGRATORS TO DELIVER FLEXIBLE TURNKEY SOLUTIONS TO THEIR CUSTOMERS.
See videos of the Robotiq Adaptive Gripper in action!
Search our video archives for more videos of the Robotiq gripper in action: Click here
- The 3 fingers have 3 articulated phalanges each that conform to any object shape for a stable grasp and distributed pressure.
- Sensor-less grasping detection provide perception if an object has been grasped.
- Fingers driven by bars and gears for a strong grasp, high payload-to-weight ratio and self-locking actuation.
- Electric motors and controller enclosed in a rugged casing for heat, spark and dirt protection.
- Patented mechanical intelligence and embedded controller receiving high- level commands from a low number of inputs for easy programming and quick integration.
How it works
- The embedded intelligence makes the gripper adapt automatically to the shape of the part. When a part has been grasped, the gripper returns a signal to the controller. This is done using information from the motors, without using force sensors.
- The gripper can be installed on a wide range of industrial and mobile robots.
- According to the robot and controller that you are using, the gripper comes with a specific faceplate, connector(s) and communication protocol.
- The gripper uses electric motors but you don't have to control them independently. To control the gripper, you send high level commands using the list of possible inputs that we provide. For industrial robots, this can be done using the teach pendant.
- Common commands are "open", "close" (full or partial) and "change grasping type." For opening and closing, you can use a "speed" parameter. For closing, you can also specify a "force level" parameter.
- The payload that the gripper can hold is 3kg when pinching, and 10kg when the fingers wrap around the part.
- When 10s or 100s of different parts need to be picked: Parts Transfer - Machine Tending - Jig-Less Welding.
- Unique gripper for all parts coming to the cell. No more customization of several grippers or tool changer.
- Programmable gripper reduces setup time, costs and reaction time to engineering changes.
- Drive down fixture cost and complexity.
- Helps solve ergonomic / access problems for operators.
- Expand applications and cell functionality with the ability to automate cells that have a high number of different parts, without a tool changer.
How to integrate
- The Adaptive Gripper can be installed on any industrial robot.
- We configure the gripper to your robot for a quick integration: comes with the specified faceplate, connector(s) and communication protocol.
- You install the gripper on your robot using screws and plug in the connector(s).
- Using the teach pendant and the provided list of commands, you program the gripper. For a given part, you specify the grasping type, the closing speed and force.
- The gripper returns information about the gripping state back to the controller.
- If higher precision is needed on part placement, the gripper can be used in conjunction with vision or a wrist force-torque sensor.
Looking for more information about this great product? Why not check out the Robotiq Gripper Company
*Price is subject to Exchange Rate Changes and Transport costs. Excludes installation and GST.